This past Sunday I began a gratitude journal — just a moleskin I keep in my purse to jot down a minimum of three things a day that I’m grateful for.
Here’s what I’ve written so far (two days’ worth), and the journal has definitely been successful in putting a smile on my face!
- I’m grateful for the beautiful walk in my neighborhood, that I can take every day if I choose.
- I’m grateful for the warmer weather and the buds and birds I now get to see on my walk.
- I’m grateful for my dear husband and our lovely home that we enjoy.
- I’m grateful for Father’s kindness at my first confession, leading me through it so it ended up being a positive experience.
- I’m grateful for the beauty and serenity of the little sanctuary of our local church, its stained glass windows, the airiness, the large, solemn crucifix, the glowing stillness of the tabernacle candle. It is wonderful to meditate there.
- I’m grateful for my collection of songs and hymns that I can play in the car while driving back and forth to town and sing loudly along with. Also grateful for the familiar, happy songs playing right now in the mall while I’m writing this [in the journal]: Eagles’ Taking It Easy, Bruce Springstein’s The Promised Land, and The Train They Call the City of New Orleans.
- I love meals with my boys! Just had a lovely sushi dinner with my youngest [Sunday night].
I think I’ll start posting a few things I’m grateful for, every Tuesday. 🙂